ELFI Customer Service Representative
- - Knoxville, TN
- Knoxville, TN, USA
- Full Time
TITLE: ELFI Customer Service Representative
DEPARTMENT: Private Student Loan Center
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Hourly/Non-Exempt
HOURS: Schedule Varies
The Customer Service Representative plays an essential role in building the relationship with our applicant and borrower base. In this role, you will act to resolve customer dissatisfaction; make outbound contact to customers who contact ELFI; provide Operations support to the Personal Loan Advisors team; and act as a swift response unit for special projects as assigned.
Respond to applicant's inbound inquires via phone, text, and email regarding ELFI products.
- Provide world-class customer service focusing on initial call resolution.
- Document every correspondence with applicants and borrowers clearly and concisely.
- Perform outbound outreach to applicants and work with the Personal Loan Advisors team to successfully move applications through the sales process to funding.
- Request and secure required documentation according to documented company procedures.
- Participate in outbound Marketing Campaigns
- Perform audits to ensure data provided by applicants at submission is accurate and the request meets ELFI specifications pursuant to SOPs
- Manage correspondence via the ELFI answers email box.
- Deliver timely, accurate, and actionable information to ELFI Teams as appropriate.
- Improve upon and refine sales and customer service knowledge and techniques through ongoing training.
- Ability to overcome objections, deescalate inquires and be genuinely empathetic in conversation with applicants.
- Take ownership of resolving applicant inquires and attempt to foresee causes of additional inquiries.
- Share insights with management regarding the root causes of applicant inquiries, concerns, and complaints, advocating on our applicants' behalf to improve our products, operations, and policies.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND TRAINING:
- Professional demeanor, strong work ethic
- Previous experience in financial services/sales and/or experience in a contact center
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build positive working relationships with ELFI applicants and team
- Advanced computer skills with solid proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Salesforce, and Web.
- Ability to exhibit grace under pressure, while successfully navigating complex work assignments/situations efficiently and effectively
- Ability to meet critical deadlines in dynamic, rapidly changing environment
- Self-motivated, resourceful, productive on teams as well as independent work
- Able to move between projects / duties quickly and efficiently with excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work evenings, nights and weekend days and overtime
- Experience handling high volume transactions
- Track record of successful high impact decision making
- Sitting for long periods of time; standing and walking periodically.
- Possibly lift 10-20lbs periodically.
- Associate and/or Bachelor's degree, preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent, required.