ELFI Loan Underwriter
- - Knoxville, TN
- Knoxville, TN, USA
- Full Time
TITLE: ELFI Loan Underwriter
HOURS: Schedule Varies
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Salary/Exempt
The Private Loan Underwriter will perform a detailed credit analysis of a borrower, including employment records, income sources, and credit reports. The underwriter determines if the borrower's financial ratios meet Southeast Bank's lending standards and assists with the credit exception process.
- Evaluate borrower profiles to determine whether or not they meet SouthEast Bank's credit criteria.
- Review and analyze credit reports, tax returns, free cash flow calculations, non-standard income sources, and other documents provided by applicants.
- Prepare and present applications that may be eligible for a credit exception to SouthEast Bank's credit manager.
- Identify common underwriting issues and work with the originations team to improve the process to address these issues.
- Develop processes and procedures that will help reduce errors and inconsistencies.
- Perform follow-up on accounts as required.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND TRAINING:
- Extensive working knowledge of all aspects of the consumer credit report
- Knowledge of common credit underwriting standards and pitfalls
- Extreme attention to detail
- Sitting for long periods of time.
- Lift 10-20lbs periodically.
- At least 2 years' professional experience in a loan/credit underwriting role or 4 years' experience as a Lead Processor
- BS or BA degree, accepted.
- MBA graduate, preferred.
- Prior bank underwriting experience, desired.